6 Humane Wetenschappen 1 6 Humane Wetenschappen 1
Het forum van de zesde humane wetenschappen 1!

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

ehurst, North Carolina, before his home tourna

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    6 Humane Wetenschappen 1 -> Overige
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123
Leerling 6HW1

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-10-2019 06:44:07    Onderwerp: ehurst, North Carolina, before his home tourna Reageren met citaat

NEW YORK -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweathers two-game suspension from the NFL for multiple helmet-to-helmet hits was cut in half Wednesday on appeal. Two days after Meriweather was told he would miss time for repeated violations of player safety rules, hearing officer Ted Cottrell reduced the punishment to one game. Cottrell was jointly appointed by the league and the players union. Meriweathers suspension by NFL vice-president of football operations Merton Hanks came for repeated hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players, including two in Washingtons 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Meriweather was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit when tackling receiver Alshon Jeffery on a 28-yard completion with about two minutes left in the third quarter. He also was penalized for a helmet-first hit on Brandon Marshall in the end zone on an incomplete pass with a little more than four minutes remaining in the game. "All of these officials, if theyre going to make a mistake, they want to protect the player, so if its anywhere close to being a helmet-to-helmet, they are throwing a 15-yard flag, and thats what theyre being told to do. If you get anywhere around that head, youve got a chance to hurt your football team," Washington coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday in Ashburn, Va. "Were constantly emphasizing it, but its tough in the heat of battle for these guys. Youre very competitive. You want to get after them. Then all of a sudden, a guy might duck at the last second, and all of a sudden you have helmet-to-helmet, and they dont even look at intent." In Week 2, Meriweather was fined $42,000 for a helmet-first hit on Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy, forcing Lacy out of the game with a concussion. Later that same day, another helmet-first hit gave Meriweather himself a concussion, knocking him out of the game. Meriweather will lose about $70,000 in salary when he sits out Sundays game at the Denver Broncos. He is not allowed to participate in any football activities with the team during the suspension. "Its unfortunate that the league felt like it needed to suspend him," Redskins linebacker London Fletcher said. "If a receiver sees you and he ducks, sometimes youre going to hit the guy, and the intent was to not even hit the guy, so thats the tough position defenders are in. ... A lot of times you cant avoid the situation." The suspension could leave the Redskins without their two starting safeties when they face Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Strong safety Reed Doughty got a concussion when the Bears attempted an onside kick in the fourth quarter. Meriweather said after last weekends game that he thought both hits against the Bears were legal. He said hes tried to change his game to suit the NFLs tackling rules. "I wasnt trying to be dirty. I wasnt trying to hurt nobody," he said. "I didnt lead with my -- didnt launch with my -- head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do." Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson said Wednesday: "You just got to adjust. I feel like he is. Hes trying to be a better player. But sometimes its hard to lose that reputation in the end." Fletcher Cox Womens Jersey . "I met her, I think, a week ago. We went to a Norwood hockey store and picked her out some gear. Reggie White Eagles Jersey .com) - They didnt meet in the regular season, so Sam Houston State might be saying it won the de facto title game between the two Southland Conference co-champions Saturday. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Wilbert-Montgomery-Inverted-Jersey/ . Players suspended during the season for a performance-enhancing drug violation will not be eligible for that years post-season. In addition, discipline will increase from 50 games to 80 for a first testing violation and from 100 games to a season-long 162 for a second. A third violation remains a lifetime ban. Chuck Bednarik Jersey .com) - Top seed Klara Zakopalova reached the second round, while former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone came up a loser Tuesday at the inaugural Rio Open tennis event. Wes Hopkins Womens Jersey . This week, they discuss the NCAAs revenue sharing, Don Zimmer, soccer language and Super Bowl 50.ATZENBRUGG, Austria - Defending champion Joost Luiten aims to become the first Dutch golfer to retain a title on the European Tour after taking a two-stroke lead over home crowd favourite Bernd Wiesberger going into the final day of the Lyoness Open. Luiten carded seven birdies and dropped one stroke on Saturday to shoot a 6-under 66 and go 11 under for the tournament. Wiesberger, who won the event in 2012, also had a round of 66. "I am in the position where I want to be," Luiten said. "I need to play well again and focus on my own game." Fabrizio Zanotti of Paraguay was four strokes behind Luiten in third, while Englands Adam Gee was another stroke back in fourth. Overnight leader Mikael Lundberg shot a 4-over 76 and dropped six strokes off the lead. The Swede double-bogeyed the par-4 third and had five more bogeys. Luiten went top of the leaderboard with five birdies on the front nine. He dropped a stroke on the par-3 14th but birdied two more holes on the back nine. The Dutchman singled out a long putt on the 17th as his best shot of the day. The birdie helped him stay two clear of Wiesberger, who birdied the 18th to the delight of the cheering home crowd. "I played really, really well on the first 12, 13 holes," Luiten said. "I ccould have done even better but I had that bogey on the 14th.dddddddddddd After that I didnt play great but I kept myself in it. Just one bogey is pretty good on a course like this." Wiesberger, who is ranked 69th, will need to win the tournament to enter the top 60 and earn a starting place at next weeks U.S. Open. But the Austrian said he wont think about a possible trip to Pinehurst, North Carolina, before his home tournament is over. Wiesberger carded five birdies on the first 10 holes before dropping a stroke on the par-4 11th. He gained two more strokes on the back nine. "I am very happy," he said. "Ive done pretty well and made a good move. I played decent on the back nine ... unfortunately I couldnt take advantage of the par-5s." Wiesberger played a final-round 65 two years ago and said he will likely need a similar score to give himself a chance of overtaking Luiten. "The way I hit the ball today, I can shoot that again," Wiesberger said. David Horsey of England carded the lowest score of the day with a 7-under 65 to trail Luiten by six. Horsey gained a stroke on the first hole and then made five consecutive birdies from the fifth. He added two more on the back nine before dropping a stroke on the par-4 17th. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    6 Humane Wetenschappen 1 -> Overige Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: